It’s been a bit since I’ve posted about my monthly intentions. And honestly, it’s because I haven’t been setting them. Things have just been. . . going. And going. However, over the past month (with our traveling!) I’ve adopted some newer habits that have been feeling so, so good. First; Prioritizing rest, immensely. And without guilt. It’s felt like magic to just say “no” or “yes!” because I’m keeping my schedule a bit more free and open, it’s made spontaneity feel more feasible, and my adventure heart a bit more intact. Secondly, practicing making decisions out of alignment. As opposed to fear, guilt, obligation, or expectation. This. . . is a growing practice. But the shifts I’ve seen in opportunities, stress, and my own self awareness are undeniable.
May Intentions; May Musts.
- Expectations: act from my GUT
- Others: from my expectations of them, from my circle, and from taking their words/actions personally.
- Pointless inner dialogue. In classes I regularly remind my students to drop a negative inner dialogue when they’re in a pose. ME TOO. Drop it, and don’t give it a second more time.
- Long View; I’m great at this. Embrace that.
- Pull Back when you get sucked into minutia, and remember the Big Picture.
- Act with the knowledge that I already have. Respond with open hands and quiet when I don’t have the knowledge.
- Make moves on 108 Sun Salutation Event for Solstice!
- Plan and go on TWO dates with Charlie
- Make a solid, doable, budget for Summer time
- Plan at least one trip. Far/near, whatever. Book it!
- When it’s sunny, get out there!
Adding a list of ‘musts’ to my intentions helps me to achieve the goals. There is immense power in writing down what you want, but there is even more power in having steps, goals, and plans to achieve it.
I’m all lit up writing these and am excited and full of anticipation for this month ahead! Do you write intentions? Do you share them or keep them to yourself? I’d love to hear about your method!